Job LocationProvidence, East Demarara, Guyana
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
- At least 6 months to 1 year of IT experience working at any organization
- Diploma or degree in computer science or information technology
- Cisco or Microsoft certificate
- Knowledgeable in active directory
- Experience troubleshooting
- Basic Networking skills
Main Objectives and duties:
1. Maximum access/availability for all desktops
○ Maintains daily monitoring and preventive maintenance to maintain desktop performance
○ Performs daily inventory for all IT Equipment
○ Submits real time report to Supervisor for all busted/damaged equipment.
2. All Software/ tools needed by all department are installed and updated
○ Informs Technical Support Supervisor before installing any software
○ Follows work instructions on installing software, drivers, tools
○ Updates Software inventory file.
3. All legitimate internal Customer requests are catered
on a timely manner.
○ Monitors and updates Helpdesk Request in real time and provide proactive approach on catering client requests
○ Escalates advance desktop issues to next level if needed
4. All security policies and procedures are being applied to all Desktop equipment
○ Performs weekly evaluation/inventory on desktop equipment.
○ Follows work instructions on applying security policies and procedures.
5. Maximum access to network connectivity for all Desktop equipment.
○ Coordinates in a timely manner to Technical Support Supervisor and NOC Team for any network abnormalities
○ Ensures all equipment are physically, properly connected and configured.
6. Monitoring of all downtime issues and report immediately to all appropriate personnel.
○ Monitors Skype Official Chat Groups for any issues
○ Monitors emails for any issues
○ Follows IT escalation procedures
7. Provision of training/coaching to Technical Support II
○ Provides coaching/training to Technical Support II when needed.
○ Next level of escalation for Level 2 tech support
○ Assist clients on high/moderate level IT Concerns
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY