Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Georgetown, Guyana
Type of Role: Direct Hire
The Global Edge is an award-winning recruitment agency connecting projects worldwide with the industry’s most talented project professionals. Our team is currently recruiting a Civil Engineer.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for providing support to the Project manager and Project Engineer. The responsibilities will be focused on the designs, development, construction, and implementation of construction components related to the Berbice Water Port Project.
The Civil Engineer will assist in the maintenance of detailed records of construction works performed. The Civil Engineer will prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports which will be utilized by the Project Manager and Project Engineer to assess progress, and adherence to key performance indicators and for reporting to stakeholders, regulatory agencies, and to upper management of the Corporation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Higher.
- Minimum of two years experience in the construction industry.
- Proficiency in Engineering design software programs, including AutoCAD
- Familiarity with construction and Maritime projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel
- Reviewing conceptual designs from third-party engineers/company design and tracking KPIs for individual contractors, tracking progress of completed works against schedule.
- Monitoring and reporting on adherence to construction deliverables.
- Preparation of detailed reports on construction deliverables, end-of-project completion report for each component of the project, post-project monitoring, and all other aspects related to the integrity of civil components of the project.
- Coordination with the operations team, identify needs and ensure compliance with international and Guyanese regulations.
- Support in incident investigations and agency reporting.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and key team members of the project team.
- Monitoring adherence to existing permits and obtaining appropriate additional permits and licenses from authorities that are needed from time to time.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Assist in the review of contractor valuations and provide recommendations for payment.
- Standard working hours (Mon- Fri).
- Normal office environment with travel to field operations specifically in Berbice
Please send your detailed resume to email@example.com
The Global Edge Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Global Edge Consultants, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY