Lead Warehouse Inventory Associate
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The incumbent will oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the cargo department to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction with an emphasis on quality, safety and timeliness in the carrying out of duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher)
- Must be flexible and able to work a shift system
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Supervisory capacity
- Minimum 5 passes at CXC inclusive of Mathematics and English A
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Inventory Control or Supply Chain Management will be an asset
- Devising adequate systems for the processing and organizing of cargo
- Managing customer queries and complaints pertaining to in transit packages
- Coordinate with freight forwarding partners regarding general tracking inquiries and the identification of missing/unreceived cargo
- Assessing and reporting on the performance of junior cargo agents. This includes submitting daily reports summarizing any notable incidents, customer complaints, queries, suggestions or concerns, as well as the performance of the department
- Providing and implementing solutions for process improvement in the cargo department
- Coaching, training and supervising of junior staff on company systems and procedures for the proper execution of duties
- Ensuring that all applicable company policies and procedures regarding cargo are followed such as encouraging customers to check all packages when uplifting, reporting damaged items, etc.
- Keeping updated on the cargo inventory on hand and contacting customers to improve the collection time for cargo
- Ensuring accuracy as it pertains to package releases, transfers, documentation of unmanifested packages and other cargo inventory functions
- Performing basic accounting functions such as invoicing customers, editing invoices, creating customer accounts
An attractive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY