Executive Administrative Officer
Job LocationLacytown, Georgetown
Adirondacks Protection Services is the industry’s premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many businesses and industries, including retail loss prevention; residential and commercial communities; educational institution; healthcare and hospitals; chemical/petrochemical, governmental, manufacturing and distribution, gas and oil, financial institutions, and shopping centers.
Adirondacks Protection Services provides superior security officer services to protect people, homes, and businesses. As the most honored security services provider, Adirondacks Protection Services consistently delivers exceptional services which creates a differentiated experience for clients and the people they serve.
With several employees and offices serving many clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships, Adirondacks Protection Services Guyana, annexed by Adirondacks Protection Services USA, headquarters in Brooklyn, NY, USA, servicing the States of New Jersey and Connecticut, USA, has been Guyanese American owned and managed since 2000.
As the Executive Administrative Assistant, you will typically function as support to high level executives and managers, undertaking a wide variety of duties and responsibilities.
Main Job Duties and Responsibility
- Answer, screen, direct incoming calls, and check voice messages
- Answer basic questions and inquiries for the designated Office
- Open, sort, monitor and distribute incoming correspondence
- Meet, greet, and smile with visitors
- Schedule appointments and manage calendar for corporate and applicants
- Record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes.
- Provide secretarial/administrative services for visiting executives
- Assist in selection and placement process (e.g., prepare application packets, hire packets, schedule interviews and pre/post-employment training, and enter data into Guard Metrics
- Filing, retrieving, and maintaining electronic and hard copy of all documents
- Makes copies of printed materials as needed
- Prepare and or edit written communications and responses to routine enquires
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Scan copies of printed materials as needed
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Assist in maintaining office machines, supplies and inventory
- Act as liaison officer between Guyana and New York, and interact with clients
- Assist in Marketing, Sales and bid submission, coordinate project base work
- Conduct research, collect and analyses data to prepare reports and documents
- Purchasing office supplies and work with vendors to purchase and maintain office equipment
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Supervise, coach and train lower-level staff
- Other administrative office duties as directed from time to time
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Written Email Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues and promptly take the right course of action
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Planning, prioritizing, and organizing tasks to effectively meet deadlines
- Expressing oneself in a clear and concise manner
- Collecting, reviewing, and monitoring required information
Education and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration is an advantage
- Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration
- 5 Subjects CXC including principles of Business or diploma or equivalence
- Minimum of three years’ experience providing support to executive in an administrative role.
- Proficient computer skills, and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, GRA and NIS
- Email communication, management, invoicing, reports, and other correspondence
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, and language usage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong leadership skills, good interpersonal skills
- Experience with various forms of office software and equipment
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Knowledge of formatting business correspondence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service skills
Salaries and Benefits
- Salary Type: Biweekly/Monthly
- Commensurate with experience and qualification
- Monetary Awards
- Paid Time Off
- On the Job Training
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance (when above 30 employees)
Schedule and Work Hours
- Day shift
- Some weekends
- 0900 hrs. to 1700 hrs.
Environment: Office – Front Desk
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. Adirondacks Protection Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
All applicants expressing interestr in the position of Executive Administrrative Assistant must submit their interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY