Supply Chain & Logistics Coordinator
The Supply Chain & Logistics Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing the company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize process efficiency and productivity. In addition, you play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors. In this role, you’ll collaborate with other departments, such as Operations and Finance, to create effective business plans.
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes and thorough understanding of company products and logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Prior experience will be an asset.
- Create the company’s supply chain strategy
- Establish performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain
- Develop policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implement subsequent changes to processes
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues
- Monitor logistics to make sure they run smoothly
- Develop and maintain detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in production
- Maintain required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production
- Analyze current inventories and procedures; suggest improvements to increase the efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain
- Train and guide employees
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes and resolve issues that come up (e.g., delays, accidents)
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to the consolidation of warehousing and distribution
- Assess the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; make recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials
- Manage fleet of delivery vehicles to ensure reduced cost, safety, efficiency, and compliance. Track, analyze, and optimize fleet operations
- Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain (e.g., use of trucks, forklifts)
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Participate as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials
- Act as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions
- Monitor the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identify and qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies to land more profitable deals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Interested applicants are advised to submit an application to email address: email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY