Banquet / Food and Beverage Senior Supervisor
Job LocationRAMADA Princess Hotel Guyana
Banquet / Food and Beverage Senior Supervisor
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
2. Minimum years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
3. 5-10 years experience as an Assistant Banquet Manager/ Supervisor, preferably international Hotel.
4. Food handling certificate
5. Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., American / French / European service delivery styles, tableside flambé service, Butler style service).
6. Knowledge of specific room set-up styles.
7. Knowledge of organizing service from information on Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
8. Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements for various types of banquet functions.
9. Fluency in English
10. Compute basic arithmetic
11. Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
12. Familiarity with Sales and Marketing tools for Banquets.
13. Ability to: Willing to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
14. Ability to prioritize and organize tasks. Ability to think clearly, can remain calm, and solve problems using good judgment.
15. Ability to follow specific directions thoroughly.
16. Desire to understand guests’ service needs.
17. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
18. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
19. Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
20. Ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
21. Willing to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) Manual system procedures.
b) Daily housecount, arrivals/departures, and VIPs.
c) Scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
d) Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
e) All department policies/service procedures.
9. Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for each scheduled function:
a) Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish, and method of presentation.
b) Particular characteristics/descriptions of wines/champagnes ordered.
c) Prices of specified selections of cash functions.
d) Groups' names and background.
e) Type of functions and expected attendance/guarantee numbers.
f) Scheduled hours of service.
g) Special requests/arrangements.
h) Order of service, traffic flow in room.
j) Payment arrangements.
10. Maintain complete knowledge of strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
11. Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
12. Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
13. Requisition linens/skirting required for business and assign staff to transport such to the storage areas.
14. Review sales for previous day and resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track revenue against budget.
15. Retrieve and organize Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) according to departmental standards. Make note of changes as received from Catering and post function sheets for the next 7 days.
16. Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
17. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
18. Coordinate breaks for staff.
19. Inspect the scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments
20. Meet with the Chef and Stewarding to review scheduled group's menu and equipment requirements.
21. Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts, and special arrangements.
22. Prepare station assignments according to group requirements and Hotel standards.
23. Assign sidework to Servers in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
24. Conduct pre-function meeting with Servers and review all information pertinent to set-up and service of group.
25. Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
26. Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness, and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
27. Check bar set-ups for cleanliness, organization, and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
28. Check buffet tables/receptions/coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and layout; ensure agreement with function order and departmental standards; resolve any problems. Ensure replenishment of items as specified on event orders and requested by group contact.
29. Set out name cards, escort cards in accordance with group requirements and departmental standards.
30. Organize head table assembly and assist in group's entrance into the function area.
31. Meet group coordinator/host/hostess prior to function, make introduction, and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable.
32. Greet guests upon arrival at function and assist in seating as required by group in accordance with departmental standards.
33. Direct Servers on timing of service throughout function.
34. Communicate additional meal requirements and special requests to the Kitchen.
35. Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
36. Assist Banquet staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
37. Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
38. Promote positive guest relations at all times.
39. Total all charges for the group function, prepare check, and present to group contact for payment. Adhere to all cashiering procedures/policies.
40. Ensure that unused food is returned to the Kitchen, that designated condiments are broken down and properly stored (butters, cream, dressings, etc.) and that all Banquet supplies are returned to designated storage areas.
41. Direct the final breakdown of function room and clean up. Ensure all department standards are met.
42. Answer outlet phone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
43. Access all functions of the Point-of-Sales (POS) system in accordance to specifications.
44. Handle void checks in accordance with accounting procedures.
45. Assist servers with expediting problem payments.
46. Run system closing reports and ensure that all Servers' checks are closed before they sign out.
47. Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
48. Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
49. Respond to all pages by beeper promptly.
50. Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
51. Communicate all pertinent issues with the Operations Manager
52. Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
53. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor/Manager.
To commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please send applications to the Human Resource Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY