Banquet / Food and Beverage Senior Supervisor at Ramada Princess Guyana
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
2. Minimum years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
3. 5-10 years experience as an Assistant Banquet Manager/ Supervisor, preferably international Hotel.
4. Food handling certificate
5. Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., American / French / European service delivery styles, tableside flambé service, Butler style service).
6. Knowledge of specific room set-up styles.
7. Knowledge of organizing service from information on Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
8. Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements for various types of banquet functions.
9. Fluency in English
10. Compute basic arithmetic
11. Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
12. Familiarity with Sales and Marketing tools for Banquets.
13. Ability to: Willing to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
14. Ability to prioritize and organize tasks. Ability to think clearly, can remain calm, and solve problems using good judgment.
15. Ability to follow specific directions thoroughly.
16. Desire to understand guests’ service needs.
17. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
18. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
19. Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
20. Ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
21. Willing to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.