Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax
The position shall cover the following areas:
The Junior Merchandiser is responsible for merchandising as per company standards, maintain store displays, gaining knowledge on competitors’ services and Provide recommendations and improvements within the Inventory.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math
Experience: At least one year experience in a similar position.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Determine call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discuss special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Ensure all merchandising is done with the supervision of the Inventory Supervisor and the Company’s Chairman.
- Maintain store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damages or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Conduct seasonal merchandising for all stores ( Giftland Main Stores and FoodMax Supermarket).
- Maintain inventory by restocking shelves with products from inventory; observing inventory levels.
Maintaining Store Displays
- Conduct merchandising on every Thursday of each week. Ensuring that each store changing display items located at the front of each store.
- Help field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provide the design, direction and placement of the signage program.
- Any other tasked assigned by management.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested person (s) can send applications to :
The Human Resource Supervisor
Giftland OfficeMax or
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY