SENIOR FRESH PRODUCE PROCESSING CLERK
Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The Fresh Produce Processing Clerk first and foremost is responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. She/he will perform all fresh cut fruit and vegetable preparation, washing, sanitation, food safety and stocking procedures on all produce items as outlined by company and directed by the Fresh Produce and Foods Manager.
- Certificate in Agriculture or equivalent.
- Must be the holder of Food Handler Certificate.
- Must maintain a current Food Safety certification.
- 1 year working experience in a similar area
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Perform daily inspections of all incoming fresh produce deliveries and the inspection of all fresh produce in inventory within our coolers.
- Make decision to reject or accept fresh produce at receiving and ensure appropriate processes are followed to maintain quality of the perishables.
- Sort, wash, Cull and properly record and dispose of unsellable fresh produce (Where Applicable).
- Become familiar with the different types of produce and how they are prepared (Where Applicable).
- Prepare fresh fruits and vegetables for display in the supermarket.
- Prepare fresh cut fruits and vegetables packages.
- Ensures quality, freshness, selection and adequate quantity to meet customer demand.
- Must ensure all products for sale are fresh and safe to eat.
- Replenishes and rotates products.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Ensure all products are displayed in freezers or display racks and priced properly FIFO Method.
- Make list and submitted of items with low quantity or non at all and submitted to supervisor/manager for re-order.
- Ensure working area is Clean & Sanitized, Counters, equipment’s, floor sweep..
- Ensure all meat products that cannot be displayed are stored properly.
- Moving meat products that are displayed on Ice to the cold room so it can be properly stored for re merchandised next day.
- Report any product that was pull from the floor because of damages
- Dispose of all garbage.
Any other similar duty assigned by management
The job requires high level physical activities
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested person (s) can send applications to :
The Human Resource Supervisor
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY