Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Job Description: Facilities Manager
Georgetown International Academy Inc. (GIA) is seeking a Facilities Manager to manage
the School’s physical plant and to conduct maintenance of staff apartments and facilities.
GIA is seeking candidates with a strong character, a passion for excellence and the
capacity to work expeditiously to support the School’s mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering management or related field is desired;
- 5 years working experience in similar field and/or managing projects;
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, organizational, time management &
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of school policies and procedures and experience in project
management will be an asset;
Reports to and is Evaluated by : Head of School and Business Manager
Interfaces with : Principal, Faculty, Administrative and general staff
Job Responsibility: As the Head of Facilities:
- Coordinate general facilities maintenance activities on school campus and
- Responsible for managing the school’s physical plant and coordination of
construction projects on school campus;
General Performance Responsibilities includes:
Maintenance of Facilities:
○ Ensure that the school’s facilities are functional each day and has a
planned preventative maintenance program;
○ Establish a maintenance routine and checkup cycle for each system;
○ Provide estimated replacement dates for equipment;
○ Make recommendations to Head of School for improvements in buildings
○ Execute decisions pertaining to buildings and grounds and maintenance;
○ Address maintenance matters at the teachers’ apartments and act as
liaison between school personnel and the landlord;
○ Represent GIA’s best interest at all times when working with contractors
and other stakeholders;
○ Supervise and manage all construction and capital projects;
○ Supervision of all facilities department staff and their respective functions;
○ Maintain records of their attendance, job performance and conduct their
○ Schedule regular maintenance staff team meetings;
○ Inform maintenance staff members of expectations, policies, regulations
○ Prepare work schedules for maintenance staff to support school wide
○ Attend weekly leadership meetings and Buildings and Grounds committee
meetings when requested;
○ Prepare written monthly reports for the Facilities department
Please submit resumes, police clearance and contact information for at least two
references to: email@example.com or 9-10 Delhi Street, Prashad Nagar, Georgetown,
no later than March 12, 2021.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY