Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
SAJ Rice Group Inc. invites a suitably qualified individual to fill the vacancy of “Wharf Clerk”. The incumbent will spend a majority of time out of the office and be the primary representative of the company for interactions with customs officers and shipping agencies.
- A sound Secondary education.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the shipping industry or knowledge of the export processes.
- Owner of a reliable vehicle/motorcycle would be preferred.
- Inspection of Shipping Containers to ensure they are suitable for rice export.
- Ensure the smooth processing of documents for export of containers including but not limited to uplifting and filing the necessary forms with Customs, GRDB and Shipping Lines.
- Liaise with Customs to ensure that containers being exported are sealed in a timely manner and the necessary documentation is filed with relevant agencies.
- Be present while containers are being scanned.
- Liaise with export department and update management of any potential challenges that may arise during the export process.
Comensurate with experience/qualifications.
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com no later than April 19, 2021 with the subject line “Vacancy Application- Wharf Clerk”.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY