Optometrists are responsible for examining, diagnosing and treating parts of the visual system. Typical duties include performing vision tests, diagnosing sight problems, prescribing contact lenses and eyeglasses, performing surgical procedures, and providing rehabilitation or therapy for vision issues.
NOTE: Must be willing to travel
Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
License to practice as an optician
- Perform vision tests and analyze results
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, and eye diseases, such as glaucoma
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other visual aids, and if state law permits, medications
- Perform minor surgical procedures to correct or treat visual or eye health issues
- Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery—for example, examining a patient’s eyes the day after surgery
- Evaluate patients for the presence of other diseases and conditions, such as diabetes or hypertension, and refer patients to other healthcare providers as needed
- Promote eye and general health by counseling patients
Kindly email CV's to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY