Maintain a safe and professional environment. Performs with confidence, a variety of venipuncture and capillary puncture techniques in obtaining clinical specimen collection (blood and other body fluids) and processing duties following established practices and procedures. May also perform point of care testing. Maintains required records, documentation and participates in quality assurance activities. When working with all specimens, Infection control, sterilization, decontamination and OS&H protocols must be followed to minimize hazards. Demonstrates organizational commitment and promotes a positive image to patients, clients, employees and the public in general. Hospital employees often work irregular hours or are on call for emergency situations.
-Certificate in Phlebotomy from a recognized institution or university
- Preferably one year experience working in a medical laboratory (optional)
-Performing daily equipment and other maintenance.
- Ensuring that sample collection rooms are clean and tidy.
- Instructing patients as regards to pre-testing requirements.
- Positively identify patients and verify patient details presented on request forms and in the PCS hospital software.
- Collecting various specimens in accordance with the collection techniques outlined in procedures of the Sample Collection Manual. Specimen collection will comprise of vascular access techniques and microbiological swabs inclusive of throat swabs.
- Performing point of care testing for Blood Sugar Levels (RBS, FBS, PPS, GTT, etc.).
- Ensuring that all patient details are entered into the Sample Collection Input Log Book
- Ensuring that there are always working materials, reagents, tests kits and disposables in the sample collection department daily.
- Maintaining stocks, record consumption and indent, using PCS software, for stocks as necessary.
- Providing data of stock usage to auditors as required.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualification.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Human Resources Department
Dr. Balwant Singh's Hospital Inc.
314 East Street
Or email to: email@example.com
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY