Certified Pharmacist and Pharmacy Assistant
Job LocationLand of Canaan, East Bank Demerara
The Pharmacist will dispense drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners and provide information to patients about medications and their use. He or she may advise physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosage, interactions, and side effects of medications.
Pharmacy assistants assist with drug dispensing by measuring, compounding, packaging, and distributing medications. ... prepare and package prescription medications. compound non-sterile pharmaceutical products. maintain prescription and inventory recordkeeping systems.
1. Certified Pharmacist with Experience and Track record
2. Pharmacy Assistant - Experience needed and minor accounting and sales software experience
Pharmacist - Duties/Responsibilities:
- Reviews prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability. Provides information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Assesses the identity, strength, or purity of medications. Compounds and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or overseeing these activities.
- Maintains records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, and registries of poisons, narcotics, and controlled drugs.
- Plans, implements, and maintains procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and legal requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Provides specialized services to help patients manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, and high blood pressure. Offers health promotion and prevention activities by, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure and diabetes monitors. Advises customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, and health care supplies.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics. Analyzes prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Strong patient service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of chemistry and specific drug interactions.
- Strong knowledge of medical and biological terminology.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to balance competing priorities.
Pharmacy Assistant - Duties/Responsibilities:
- gather and enter patient information and doctors' prescriptions in computer systems
- assess prescriptions for completeness
- prepare and package prescription medications
- compound non-sterile pharmaceutical products
- maintain prescription and inventory recordkeeping systems
- maintain proper drug storage and security
- place and receive orders for stock to maintain inventory
1. Pharmacist - 150,000 - 170,000 (NET)
2. Pharmacy Assistant - 75,000 - 85,000 (NET)
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY