We are recruiting an experienced, detail, and result-oriented full-time Accounting Manager who will ensure the thoroughness and accuracy of the month-end general ledger close process for the preparation of financial statements. Assists in developing clerical staff and department managers’ knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures. Leads the implementation of process improvements to efficiency and effectiveness of accounting procedures. Maintains and supports effective staff and customer relationships.
- Professional Designation (ACCA, CPA, CGA, CMA)
- Degree in Accounting or related field. Relevant experience of ten (10) or more years may be considered in the Absence of such qualification.
- Certificate in computer applications from recognized institutions, including Microsoft suite.
- Certification in accounting software applications from recognized institutions (e.g. Quickbooks, ACCPAC, etc.).
- Minimum of Five (5) years experience at a Supervisory or management level.
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Sound verbal, written, and listening communications.
- Ability to motivate and mentor subordinates.
- Strong Human Resources and conflict resolution abilities.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong motivational skills; and ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, or in a team environment.
- Directs the maintenance of general and cost accounting records and systems.
- Coordinates budget preparation and monitors budget variances.
- Directs the preparation of financial reporting at the divisional level.
- Ensures the timely filing of returns to statutory bodies.
- Ensures timely and accurate financial reporting at the local level.
- Ensures accuracy of data processing function.
- Manages capital expenditures for small- and large-scale projects.
- Directs the inventory of organizational assets and liabilities.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors.
- Implements process improvements to streamline and improve accuracy.
- Co-responsibility for directing central office services.
- Manages the Accounting Department
- Supervises Accounting Supervisor and Accounting Clerks
An attractive remuneration package will be offered.
Please submit an application along with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31, 2021
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY