Protection Case Manager (Spanish a MUST)
Job LocationPort Kaituma
Department: HIAS Guyana
Location: Port Kaituma, Guyana
The Protection Officer is responsible for daily screening of beneficiaries and identification of beneficiaries who are most vulnerable, conducting in-depth interviews in order to respond to their protection needs through services available within HIAS or provided by partners and government.
This position supports HIAS Refugee Rights Framework by supporting forcibly displaced migrants and refugee right to be protected from violence and discrimination and the right to recovery from the shock of displacement.
The Protection Officer will report directly to the Field Coordinator and will work in coordination with the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Fluency (written and oral) in Spanish and English.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ working experience preferably in one of the following sectors: social, charity, government or NGO.
- University degree in social sciences or related.
- Ability to develop work plans, meet deadlines and capture program progress for donor reports.
- Strong motivation to humanitarian work, service-oriented mindset and sense of accountability to the populations HIAS serves.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically.
- Sense of initiative and capacity to work autonomously.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work with a range of diverse, vulnerable populations; understanding of community-based approach required.
- Ability to uphold the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about HIAS’ mission and values.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
1.Conduct in-depth assessment interviews with person(s) of concerns identified as vulnerable or in need of assistance or referral.
2.Provide comprehensive case management, including (1) provision of direct services, (2) referral to external services, and (3) accompaniment to access basic services.
3.Conduct home visits to vulnerable individuals and households.
4.Conduct Cash-Based Intervention (CBI) eligibility assessments and disbursement.
5.Prepare detailed records of sessions and follow-up on individual cases.
6.Provide partners and beneficiaries counseling and feedback on the status and processing of individual cases.
7.Promote and protect the rights of the most vulnerable refugees and migrants through awareness and sensitization activities such as workshops and trainings.
8.Ensures quality and integrity of information captured, notably through peer review of registered cases and follow up with supervisors.
9.Ensures constant and accurate upkeep of data (physical and electronic) to reflect the status of persons of concern by checking that all data fields are filled in properly; manages and updates beneficiaries files as necessary.
10.Analyzes data to ensure data quality and integrity, and reports trends and issues, as required.
11.Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are analyzed, compiled and submitted to the Program Manager.
12.Provide input to all program development activities.
13.Assists in building a robust referral system.
14.Maintains relationship and liaise with other service providers.
15.Acts as interpreter and translator, as needed.
16.Performs other duties, as necessary.
Please submit applications through here or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY