Manager, Internal Audit
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Our Client is Guyana’s premier bank. Their rich and successful history dates back to the establishment of the first commercial bank in British Guiana. Today they have a network of twelve Branches spread across the country, even in the most remote areas, in addition to our Corporate Office in Georgetown.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Plans, organizes, directs, controls and coordinates assurance and consulting engagements within the Bank.
The Head of the Audit Department will seek to establish and maintain constructive relationships with individuals at all levels in the organization. S/he should seek such relationships by open and courteous discussion and persuasion and should endeavor to avoid having to rely on his formal terms of reference.
The Head of the Audit Department should consult with Senior Management when preparing the Audit plan. S/he should arrange all Audit exercises in consultation with the management concerned except on those occasions where an unannounced visit is part of the Audit approach.
Consultation should lead to the identification of areas of concern or of other interest to management.
The incumbent will move the department from one of a policing culture to one of risk assessment and change.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Knowledge of Internal Audit Standards from IIA
• Knowledge of BoG Supervision Guidelines
• FIA Act, AML Act, Companies Act, Labour Laws and all other applicable laws
• Ability to use in-house Audit Software (IDEA, Audit Management)
1. Making independent checks to ensure that all the specified procedures and systems are operating and that the relevant features of internal control are present, especially regarding the approval, processing and recording of transactions.
2. Review the Bank’s lending processes to assess the following:
• Adherence of lending guidelines
• Completeness of documentation
• Accuracy information
• Adequacy and enforceability of security
• Existing custody procedures
• Physical verification of collateral lodged for loans and overdrafts
• Delinquent credits and management follow-up procedures.
3. Ensure compliance with the Financial Institutions Act, the Companies Act and other regulatory requirements.
4. Verification of assets and liabilities and advising on the proper upkeep of the Fixed Assets register.
5. Ensure security is maintained in the following areas:
• Night depository clearance and processing
• Computer access (limited users with appropriate passwords)
• Treasury and voucher rooms and other safe keeping areas.
6. Investigate frauds and recommend system changes.
7. Other investigative work as necessary.
8. Follow up implementation of Board decisions.
9. Liaising with the External Auditors and Central Bank Inspectors on matters relating to External Audits and Audits, respectively.
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
TRANSFORMATIONAL AND FUNCTIONAL LEADERSHIP
Will be discussed during the interview.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the name of the position in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates wil be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY