Senior Accounts Clerk
Under the direction of the CFO, the Snr. Accounts Clerk will provide direct support for client billing, accounts payable, taxes and general ledger work activities.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required or equivalent education/work experience
· Experience required is from two to four full years of employment in related position
· Previous experience in a supervisory position preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft 365 required, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills
· Attention to detail & data entry skills
· Ability to use phones, calculators/10-key, standard office equipment such as office scanner/fax/copy machines and similar required.
· Knowledge of Corporate taxes, NIS & PAYE
· Working Experience in QuickBooks
· Always communicate and interact on a professional manner
Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
· Reconciling processed work by verifying entries along with discrepancies and comparing system reports to balances
· Maintaining historical records by filing documents and updating electronic database
· Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
· Paying vendors by verifying invoices, scheduling pay checks, and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
· Preparing analyses of accounts and producing weekly & monthly reports
· Continuing to improve the payment process
· Manage the monthly close process for company to meet standard reporting requirements
· Routinely monitor processes to improve internal controls and efficiencies of the Accounting Department
· Prepare and process journal entries into various accounts and provide precise supporting documentation
· Prepare, evaluate, and distribute internal reports as requested by management and/or operations
· Audit daily paperwork for all financial transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures while working closely with auditors
· Review vendor invoices for appropriate levels of approval and accuracy with coding and payment amounts based on company approval matrices. Prepare invoice batches for submittal to the CFO for final approval and further processing.
· Any other administrative and/or operational duties as assigned through the CFO
Kindly email CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY