GENERAL MANAGER/BOARD SECRETARY
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The General Manager will be responsible for the daily management of all of the club’s operations. This person will also serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors.
The General Manager will report to the Board of Directors.
- An advanced degree or its equivalent from a recognized university preferably in the area of management, economics or accounts.
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry.
- While it may be an advantage, but not mandatory ACCA, CAT or its equivalent qualifications.
- Knowledge of the Guyana Labour Laws.
- Should possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate should be able to perform the following duties:
- Develop strategic and business plans for the club which involves surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Prepare and develop monthly and annual forecasts, budgets, analyze variances, initiate corrective actions, establishing and monitoring financial controls.
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships with various stakeholders, which include but is not limited to commercial bank, suppliers, customers and members.
- Build customer base by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- On a daily basis manage the purchases and inventory of the club through engagement with various department heads. This includes negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances and taking corrective actions.
- Prepare and implement policies and standard operating procedures relative to productivity, quality, patron-service standards and determining and implementing system improvements.
- Monitor, and evaluate, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings and initiate improvements.
- Identify, recruiting, train, coach, counsel and where necessary enforce disciplinary measure.
- Communicate job expectations, review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Schedules and notifies board members of upcoming meetings
- Prepare and circulate the agenda in collaboration with the Chairman in advance of the meeting.
- Prepares and provides the previous meeting’s written minutes to board members before the next meeting and records any changes or corrections.
- Oversees the distribution of background information for agenda items to be discussed.
- Prepares the official minutes of the meeting and records motions, discussions, votes, and decisions
The Chairman of the Human Resources Committee on or before the 9th April 2021 via email at email@example.com only short listed candidates will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY