Job LocationKitty, Georgetown, Guyana
The primary function of an Accountant is to maintain accurate financial data and systems relevant to the company’s operations. His / her responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. He / she will also run accounting software programs (e.g. QuickBooks) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers. Ultimately, a successful Accountant will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Certifications / Qualifications:
- 6 Passes at CXC / CSEC or equivalent. (Must have Mathematics, English A, Principles of Accounts, Principles of Business)
- CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) – Level 1
Experience & Knowledge:
- At least 2 years of experience in an accounting related position
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software (Desktop Edition)
- In-Depth knowledge of the following:
- Bank reconciliations
- Cheques & voucher preparation
- QuickBooks postings
- VAT, PAYE & NIS remittance preparation
- Asset Registry
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Online banking and electronic transfers
- Microsoft Office productivity suite (Excel & Outlook required)
- Ability to work without supervision
- Must maintain impeccable professional integrity
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Display of leadership qualities in the assignment and management of resources
- Must show initiative
- Must show an ability to manage time as it relates to job responsibilities
- Must show a respect for time (respect work hours)
- Must respect confidentiality of company & client information
- Good communication skills (oral, written, typed)
- Good troubleshooting, research and problem-solving skills (online, social)
- Ability to multi-task
- Valid driver’s license & passport
- Filing - Establish & maintain document filing system, file documents daily
- Suppliers - Prepare Payments, Track Balances, Communication, Follow up on Quotes / Deliveries
- Customers – Prepare invoices, track payables, communication, verify deliverables before billing
- Insurance - Manage policies, payments (Medical, Auto, etc)
Accounts / Tax
- GRA - Tax forms preparation, Tax payments (VAT & PAYE), Compliance (Yearly or as required)
- NIS - Contribution preparation, Payments, New employee registration, Contribution verification (Quarterly), Compliance (Yearly or as required)
- Banking - Deposits, Cheque Books, Credit Card Payments, Acct. Reconciliation, Communication
- QuickBooks – Purchase Orders, Invoices, Expense Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Reporting, Inventory, Asset Registry
- Finances - Balance Petty Cash, Maintain voucher system for payables and receivables
- Liaison with company’s selected accounting firm for audit / external accounting functions
Interested candidates should send an application and an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application should include current contact information and 2 references: 1 professional and 1 character.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY