Job LocationArea G Hydronie - Parika Highway EBE
Phlebotomists are medical professionals who work in medical labs, taking blood samples from patients and adequately labeling them with their information. They conduct a wide range of tests to identify underlying conditions to assist Doctors with diagnosis and patient care.
We are looking for a phlebotomist to draw blood and other tissue or fluid from patients for testing, research or donations. The job of a phlebotomist is a rewarding one, since you help people stay healthy and even help save their lives.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
- Diploma in Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training
- Certification is a plus
Phlebotomist responsibilities include:
- Identifying patients via ID, medical record or other means.
- Drawing blood and other testing samples using needles and other equipment.
- Labeling samples correctly and send them for testing.
One of the most important phlebotomist job duties is to properly identify patients and correctly use phlebotomy methods (e.g., venipuncture, skin puncture). We’ll rely on you to preserve patient health and quality of samples until testing in their appropriate storage conditions.
Phlebotomist Job requirements
We’re looking for important phlebotomist skills such as presence of mind, people skills and attention to detail. You should have a diploma in phlebotomy and have knowledge of puncture techniques on the elderly all the way to babies.
They should be dedicated to their patients and have a firm but kind hand.
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- Help with blood transfusions when needed
Salary Range: Monthly Net Income: $75,000 - $100,000
Send Your CV or Portfolio to:
Or Inhouse to:
Human Resource Manager
Caribbean Medical Supplies Inc
704 Sera Lodge, WCD
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY