Job Location252 Ebenezer Road, West Ruimveldt
We are looking for a patient, attentive daycare worker to care for children. The daycare worker will assist parents and their company by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction, and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
To be successful as a daycare worker, you should be thorough and caring with an eye for detail. You should be prepared to meet the physical demands of the position and have an understanding of the childhood development process.
Work Hours: 7am - 5pm (One hour lunch break included)
- Sound primary and secondary education.
- Early Childhood Development Certificate
- Middle aged person
- Additional licenses, certifications, or training may be beneficial or required.
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Police clearance.
- Food Handlers Certification.
- Exceptional communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
First aid experience
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY