Able Bodied Seaman
The Able Bodied Seaman carries out cargo handling duties, general cleaning, maintenance, and other manual labor as required.
Qualifications and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent.
Valid unlimited AB certificate.
· Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
· Prepare cargo for lift by attaching slings through shackles or other attaching devises. Check loads for clearance, obstructions, balance and proper attachment.
· Give or relay hand signals and / or radio signals to crane operator to control the lift and movement of the load.
· Manually lift, carry, and move equipment, tools, and materials from place to place as required. Ensure to used correct body positioning and safe lifting procedures.
· Remove waste, debris and accumulated trash from decks, stairs, compartments and other areas of the vessel and dispose of properly.
· Sweep and wash decks, bulkheads, and structures using brooms, mops, rags, brushes, air and high pressure water hoses.
· Clean up spills and accumulated waste and take all necessary actions to prevent tripping and slipping hazards,
· Keep hand tools in good condition, properly maintained, and stored when not in use. Keep lines, hoses, slings et cetera coiled and other materials properly stored.
· Assist in the care and maintenance of the vessel’s machinery and equipment using proper tools and following safety rules and procedures.
· Operate air hoists, hydraulic hoists, chain hoists, and other cargo handling gear t pick up and move tubular and other heavy equipment.
· Assist in the care and protection of drill pipes, marine riser joints, and other tubular using such things as brushes, rabbits, thread protectors, pipe dopes, et cetera.
· Assist in assembling, dismantling, and maintenance of deck machinery, pumps, drilling tools, and other mechanical equipment.
· Assist in slipping and cutting of wire lines, inspection and maintenance of wire and fiber lines, slings, and other lifting equipment.
· Prepare and clean deck surfaces, superstructures, bulkheads, et cetera, prior to priming and painting.
· Paint prepared surfaces as directed; i.e. apply coats of primer, paint, and varnish with rollers and spray guns in accordance with painting specifications.
To be discussed at the Interview.
Kindly submit all applications online to:
Human Resources Manager
Centipede Offshore Guyana Inc.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY