Materials Coordinator I
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Job Title: Materials Coordinator I
Location: Georgetown, Guyana
Type of Role: Contract
The Global Edge is a global staffing firm connecting projects worldwide with the industry’s most talented project professionals. We work with high level technical and commercial personnel across multiple industries including Oil and Gas, Energy, Renewables, Infrastructure, IT, and more. With offices strategically located worldwide, the Global Edge is known for the highest level of delivery for our clients and contractors.
Our relationships are built on trust, top quality recruitment, and service excellence. We have an unwavering commitment to integrity and a strong global team in place that allows us to continue our mission to redefine excellence within recruitment.
Our team is currently looking for a Materials Coordinator I for a client in the Oil and Gas industry. He/she will perform and\or manage all the activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of closely related professional experience
- Broad knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
- General knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Advanced time management and problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
- Influencing with and without authority
- Organization skills
- Verify materials availability for all scheduled outage/planned and emergent work, provide supply chain input into Plant/Mine equipment maintenance strategies where requested
- Coordinate effective and efficient logistics requirements for Routine and Shutdown work
- Consult with Procurement, OEM, and vendors to develop best practices, procedures, and standards with respect to materials availability
- Provide frequent updates on material availability to required parties (i.e., business, supply chain) and Lead in root cause analysis for failed supply chain processes
- Identify opportunities to consume Business Line Materials and destock inventory (utilize stock on hand)
- Influence B/L to select materials on hand or from preferred vendors
- Utilize proper material code with an agreement supplier and a non-agreement supplier
- Working in the Planner Cockpit (SAP PM rather than MM Module)
- Responsible for P2P recycle, identifying root causes, and driving resolutions
- Coordinate with logistics coordinator for timely material delivery
- Timely requisitions for break ins
- MDG requester for master data changes and improvements
- Provide guidance and assistance to the requester and supplier for getting a Vendor Master record created in SAP
- Identify SAP data issues
- 48 hours per week
- 6 days on / 1 day off
Detailed resume to be sent to Jesse.Persaud@theglobaledgeconsultants.com
The Global Edge Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Global Edge Consultants, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY