Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Officer
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The HSE Officer will inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working area to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards; whilst ensuring a keen focus on meeting and exceeding customer requirements. Provide technical advice and support in order to assist the Company to fulfill its Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) responsibilities in the following domain: Guyanese Legal Requirements, Company HSE policies, procedures and plans, OSHAS:18001, ISO:14001, and ISO:9001.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office application.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Health, Safety & Environment (or related field).
- Sound Knowledge of HSE Management System.
- Minimum 3 years experience in related field.
- Develop, promote and implement HSE policies, procedures and plans, in line with organizational and Guyanese legislative requirements.
- Fully understanding of and promotes the awareness and implementation of safety policy/procedures and ensuring it is being followed
- Recommend improvements to the Safety Management System, emergency response plans, and health and environmental program.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training.
- Observe HSE regulations, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees.
To be discussed at the interview.
Email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resource Manager
Centipede Offshore Guyana Inc.
36 Delhi Street,
Prashad Nagar, Georgeotwn Guyana.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY