Job LocationPlantation Pattensen, Greater Geogetown
The Assistant Baker will work under the supervision of the Baker/Chef in the day to day business operations.The post holder will be responsible for daily preparations and will assist the Baker/ Chef in the production of pastries and cakes daily. This is a completely hands on role and the post holder will be expected to work independently in the bakery area.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math would be an asset
- Valid Food handler’s certificate
- Certificate in Baking would be an asset
- One (1) year experience as a baking assistant in a professional organisation would be as asset
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time.
- To produce a consistently excellent quality of product, adhering with the processes set out in the baking manual and using the correct ingredients
- To deliver a standard of product decoration and general presentation that is in line with the company's standards of excellence
- To fully comply with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times
- Responsible for managing the kitchen in terms of ordering supplies and performing inventory, as well as maintenance on kitchen equipment.
- Measured ingredients and prepared rolls, cakes, frosting, cobblers, and pastries.
- Planned and prepared menu for efficient weekly production.
- Produce cakes, tarts, cupcakes, and fine dining desserts for the restaurant while paying close attention to details.
- Check in and verify deliveries
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicants can send their applications to:
The Human Resources Manager
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY