National Project Officer
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director and the direct supervision of the Head of Office of the IOM Guyana Mission, and in close coordination with the Sub-regional Platform Coordinator the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out the duties as listed.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Master's degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the design and development of projects with large-scale donations;
• Experience in the field of research, monitoring and / or evaluation;
• Proven experience with strategic planning approaches, information / data analysis, budget control and report writing;
• Previous experience working on social projects, such as strengthening social inclusion and promoting the rights of migrants and refugees.
Experience in liaising with government counterparts, NGOs and International Organizations
• Solid knowledge in program planning and implementation;
• Great ability to understand and implement the IOM standard administrative and financial control procedures;
• Knowledge and understanding of migration issues within organizational context;
• Knowledge and understanding of migration issues within their regional, global, and political context;
• Ability to work effectively with government officials on matters related to substantive migration issues and the work of IOM;
• Ability to coordinate actions with other implementing partners;
• Ability to work effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country or regional objectives;
• Knowledge on crosscutting issues such as gender based violence;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• High level of computer literacy, in particular mastery of all applications in the Microsoft Office packages;
•Strong abilities in reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
1. Assist in co-chairing and coordinating the work of the National Interagency Coordination Platform – Refugee/Migrant Working Group (RMWG), including participating in determining collective priorities, and implementing work plans and co-secretariat functions.
2. Act as a focal point for Guyana in the Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan (RRMRP) including working with the Sub-regional Platform, implementing an inclusive and structured process that delivers high-quality and timely input.
3. In coordination with the Head of Office, participate in joint meetings with UNHCR’s representatives for the National Interagency Coordination Platform and support the establishment of pathways for working together as co-leaders, including coordination with the UN Resident Coordinator and other key stakeholders.
4. Work closely with other IOM-Guyana Programme Managers and staff to facilitate the usefulness of the RMRP as a programming tool.
5. Provide technical inputs for the development of thematic reports.
6. Provide technical assistance to the focal points in Aruba and Curacao for the implementation of RMRP activities in their respective countries.
7. Coordinate and supervise project support staff according to the administrative procedures required for the successful implementation of project activities.
8. Monitor specific aspects of the implementation of activities, identify problems and propose actions to expedite the delivery of inputs.
9. Coordinate information management activities, including data collection, processing, analysis and reporting to maintain quality control and compliance with requirements and priorities.
10. Perform preliminary analysis of data and contribute to the development of reports based on specified standards and templates.
11. Draft concept notes on needs and priorities and participate in the funding mobilization for the mission.
12. Participate in and organize Interagency Coordination Platform meetings and draft reports as required for subsequent distribution to partners and inside IOM.
13.Track and follow up on IOM’s and partners’ national reporting in support of the RMRP.
14. Undertake travel duty within the Caribbean sub-region.
15. Perform such duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Reference for the position of National Project Officer.
Please adhere to the guidelines below:
1. Resume and Cover letter/ Motivational Letter should be submitted to email@example.com clearly indicate the name the of position in the subject line.
2.Take time to read about IOM, our values, our work, and our culture before sending your application.
3. Applications after the deadline will not be considered.
4. Hand-delivered applications will not be given special consideration over the ones sent electronically.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted due to the large volume of applications that are usually received.
We thank you for your interest in IOM and looking forward to receiving your application.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY