Assistant Store Manager for Starbucks Guyana
Job LocationAmazonia Mall ( Starbucks Guyana)
This job contributes to Company success by assisting the Store Manager in implementing store operations. This job assists and supervises a team of store partners to create and maintain the Company Experience for our
customers and partners. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for modelling and acting in accordance with Company guiding principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Three (3) CXC passes, inclusive of English Language or equivalent.
- Three (3) years minimum retail management experience.
- One (1) year minimum customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment.
- Certification/Qualification in hospitality/tourism is an asset
- Qualifications in Business Management is an asset
- Experience in directing the work of others.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to act with a customer-comes-first attitude and deliver customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to use discretion in providing direction to others.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations
Ethics and Integrity
Adheres to Company values, beliefs and principles during good and bad times
Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills and experiences
Dealing with Ambiguity
Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways, inside and outside of Company
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately to ensure effective store operations. Provides communication to the shift team as directed by the Store Manager.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing change in partner behaviour that might signal potential problems or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating the changes to the Store Manager.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of the Company.
- Maintains and models a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or unusual events.
- Continues to keep store operating to standard and sets a positive example for the shift team.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Engages in conversation with customers to understand customer needs and the needs of the community in which the store is located.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Models a customer-comes-first attitude, delivers legendary customer service, and supervises partners to make sure they deliver legendary customer service.
- Responds to immediate store needs by using external resources as required.
- Reviews store environment and key performance indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the shift team to achieve
operational goals. Communicates ideas to the Store Manager for broader areas of improvement.
- Supports Store Manager in implementing company programmes by working directly with the shift team to implement action plans that meet operational and organization objectives.
- Supports store operations by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments through existing organizational tools. Makes recommendations to Store Manager on new, creative, methods of recognition that have high impact.
- Uses and provides direction to partners during their shift on the use of operational tools to achieve operational excellence. Acts as a coach and mentor to partners by using discretion in
assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve partner performance, and effectively recommending employment decisions to store manager.
- Performs other related duties, as required
Applications Must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY