Job LocationBlock G1, Land of Canaan, East Bank of Demerara
The Sales Manager should be a high-performing individual with drive and responsibility for the growth of Fernandes Guyana Enterprise Inc. through customer acquisition and achievement of revenue growth targets by keeping the company competitive and innovative. The incumbent is responsible for bridging the gap between customers and the company, maximizing our Sales Team’s potential, crafting sales plans and justifying revenue projections, sales targets and sales related plans to the CEO and Board. The Sales Manager should therefore have a strong business sense and industry expertise and be highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Has a completed Bachelor degree, MBA or University degree, study field Commerce;
- Has excellent contact and communication skills in English, spoken and written;
- Has analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has at least 3 years of work experience in a similar position;
- Experience in working in the Food industry and market is an advantage;
- Is a flexible team player with a sense of responsibility;
- Is disciplined and willing to continue to develop.
Education and Experience Guidelines - Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Sales Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- CXC 5 Subject Grades 1-3
- Working knowledge of EPOS platform or similar Point of Sale program
- Due to nature of Demerara Bakery Inc.’s industry, a Food Handler’s Certificate is required.
Experience: Three years of responsible and professional sales team management experience including one year of lead supervisory experience with consistent successful results. Experience working with QuickBooks, EPOS and GPS Systems is highly desirable.
The Sales Manager may not need to perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices. The Incumbent is therefore primarily responsible for the quality of Sales and the implementation and monitoring of the Sales Management Process within each of your respective teams. You will review, advise and monitor all Agents, Porters and Drivers to ensure that your staff consistently exemplify Sales and Service Management Performance Standards by:
- Determining and realizing the sales goals and business KPI’s; • Co-developing the sales business plan; • Developing, monitoring, implementing and evaluating internal and external distribution processes; • Monitoring and planning the sales and turnover budgets; • Managing the performance of the sales employees; • Coordinating and conducting market studies, analyzing product-market combinations in the context of innovations and product development; • Sales reports.
- Perform related duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Standard office setting; exposure to computer screens. Exposure to ‘in the field’ / ‘on the road’ environments and factory setting with heat required periodically.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting; stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including extensive use of a computer keyboard and calculator. Some lifting of bread and bakery products will be required.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
DemBake will offer you a competitive package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects.
When you join DemBake, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
The Chief Executive Officer
Fernandes Guyanan Enterprise Inc..
G1 Land of Canaan,
East Bank Demerara
Email us your CV:
Subject Line: Sales Manager Vacancy
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY