Trainee Auto Electrician
The Trainee Auto Electrician undergoes on the job training and works under the supervision of the Auto Electrician to install, inspect, repair, and maintain all the electrical parts contained in vehicles, equipment and machines.
- High School Diploma
- Certification in Auto Electrician is desirable from a recognized institution.
- Ability to interpret circuit diagrams and specification manuals.
- Knowledge of both petrol and diesel auto systems.
- Knowledge of safety measures and guidelines relative to auto electrical systems.
- Ability to identify all electrical components.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
- Ability to operate necessary electrical testers and other related devices.
- Able-bodied with the ability to stand, crouch and lift heavy materials and equipment.
- Basic mathematics skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound work ethics.
- Receives regular training to understand and learn the trade and performs general Auto Electrical tasks, under the direction and supervision of the Auto Electrician, in the following areas:
- Perform electrical checkup and thorough diagnostic of all auto electrical operated systems.
- Installation of all faulty parts after a thorough diagnostic; this involves, electrical repairs on various vehicles, plant and equipment for both petrol and diesel engines.
- Carry out repair works on any faulty machines/equipment, abiding with the stipulated circuit diagram and specification manuals of the manufacturer.
- Perform all tasks safely by abiding with HSSE legislative and internal procedures and guidelines; this includes, ensuring that adequate safety measures are in place when operating on machines or equipment that contains high voltage.
- Ensure basic checkups of all auto electrical systems are effectively carried out in a timely manner or as directed.
- Complete necessary documentation in consultation with the supervisor; this includes, inspection sheet and spares order.
- Identify potential faulty parts from wear and tear and advise the supervisor of same, follow-up and give reminders.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Keep workspace/areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities, guided company rules and policies.
- Undertake related training, workshop, and information session when require.
Please email your Letter of Application and Curriculum Vitae by April 21, 2022, addressed to:
Human Resources Department
45-47 Water Street, Georgetown
Subject line: “Application – Trainee Auto Electrician”
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY