Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The Butcher is responsible for trimming meat from larger quantities into wholesale/retail portions, into steaks, chops, roasts, and other cuts. They then prepare meat for sale by performing various duties, such as weighing meat, wrapping it, and putting it out for display. The incumbent may also wait on customers and prepare special cuts of meat upon request.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math would be an asset
Experience: Two to Three (2-3) years’ as a butcher in a professional organisation.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
- Assist in monitoring store inventory, keep supplies in stock and ensure that products are fresh.
- Sharpen and adjust cutting equipment
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery
- Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat
- Weigh, wrap, and display cuts of meat
- Cut or prepare meats to specification or customer’s orders
- Store meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature
- Keep inventory of meat sales and order meat supplies
- Preserve meat through proper sealing, or use of meat compressors or meat packagers.
- Recommends purchase of meat products.
- Provide Customer Service.
- Develop successful relationships with local and international meat producers and suppliers of fresh meats.
- Accurately record spoilage on a daily basis. Maintain daily spoilage logs.
- Follow proper coding procedures. Check expiration codes and inspect all meat items during shift.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicant can send application to:
The Human Resources Manager
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY