Front Desk Agent
Job LocationFarm East Bank Demerara
We are looking to hire an upbeat Front Desk Agent to assist with checking guests in an out of our establishment. The Front Desk Agent will assist guests with inquiries, problems and complaints. The Front Desk Agent will be responsible for receiving guests’ payments and for balancing cash at end of shift. You will be familiar with the hotel layout, be up to date with different tariffs and special offers, understand the in-house restaurant's operation to facilitate guests' dining reservations and to make recommendations, and be proficient with operating the switchboard. You will ensure keys are handed back on guests' departure.
To ensure success you will be professional and pleasant in challenging situations, and take responsibility for satisfaction of guests from arrival to departure. Preferred candidates will be positive, pro-active and be skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or suitable equivalent.
- Must be able work shifts system 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am
- 1+ years Front Desk Agent experience preferred.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Physically agile, and able to stand for extended periods.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays.
- Greeting and thanking guests in a sincere, friendly manner.
- Checking guests in on arrival and out on departure.
- Posting charges to appropriate guest accounts.
- Anticipating and addressing guests' needs, and resolving their problems and complaints.
- Assisting guests with disabilities.
- Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries.
- Assisting the reservations manager with taking reservations.
- Collaborating and communicating with other internal departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complying with company procedures and safety policies.
- Performing duties on daily checklist.
Pay and special benefits will be discussed at the interview stage.
Interested candidates are asked to submit applications and CVs to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY