Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The Kitchen Manager oversees coordinating and supervising of the supermarket’s kitchen staff according to food safety standards. Duties include training and scheduling Cooks, performing quality control on food leaving the kitchen and ordering inventory to keep up with demand.
Education: Degree or any related qualification for this post.
Experience: Minimum 3 - 4 in year similar experience at an established Organization.
Specific Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage all administrative operations of the kitchen.
- Conduct Quality checks before the items leave the kitchen to be merchandised in the supermarket.
- Ensure correct packaging is used.
- Ensure Items are labelled, barcoded, and priced
- Inform the floor staff to restock all items that are left in the kitchen area and ensure all produce has been packed and merchandised in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the floor staff to find out what is needed to produce and ensure mass productivity.
- Ensure food standards and Occupational Health and Safety practices are always maintained.
- Ensure shifts, days off, dinner and Overtime are recorded for all kitchen Staff
- Ensure all employee conflicts are referred to the Human Resources Department and/or Management.
- Accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff.
- Ensure staff work schedules, restocking and cleaning schedules are organized.
- Ensure weekly production/menu is done and hand over to the cooks and team before the new week starts.
- Create and conduct special orientation PowerPoint presentations with all Kitchen Staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Special Orientation Presentation is updated with amendments to hygiene or other practices, as needed.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Kitchen, as necessary.
- Ensure items are packaged, labelled and quality checked and in proper condition for the supermarket.
- Manage all rack items being transferred to the Kitchen and ensure that the kitchen Senior Cook has reviewed and sorted items according to what is to be transferred and that all documentation for inventory disposal is completed in a timely manner. All documentation must be completed by the Admin Supervisor.
- Ensure all storage areas including racks, units and cold room are clean once a week.
- Disposal is done correctly in accordance with the supermarket SOPs by the team, in particular items that should not be dumped into the bins.
- Ensure quality checks is done for the Deli. Items must be properly displayed on the shelves and ready before the supermarket opens.
- Responsible for the overseeing the processing of bills for materials, adjustments, repackaging, and labelling.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Foodmaxx existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Foodmaxx. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicant (s)can send applications to:
The Human Resources Manager
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY