Job Location24 East Half, Light & 2nd Street, Alberttown, Georgetown
Ultra Care Medical Centre Inc. is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic PHARMACY ASSISTANT to join the team, in a full capacity, with the position commencing in December, 2021.
You’ll bring a drive to achieve patient results, and a flexible, can-do and collaborative approach.
- Pharmacy Assistant Certificate from a recognised institution
- Minimum of five (5) subjects at CXC inclusive of Mathematics and English Language
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication, reading and calculations skills
- Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant will be an asset
- Dispenses prescription medication and other medical products to patients under direction of licensed pharmacist and Medical Doctor.
- Counts pills, labels bottles, prices, and compounds medications to prepare prescriptions for patients as directed
- Performs administrative duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers, and restocking inventory
- Gathers, organises, and assesses patient information
- Supplies patients with information and education on their prescriptions
- Monitors prescription-filling process to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and pharmacy policies
- Liaises with healthcare providers and patients to obtain correct prescription information
- Answers patients' questions about their medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Takes inventory of drugs on hand and records results
- Places orders for additional drugs as directed by the pharmacist
- Prepares billing information for medications
- Completes patients' sales transactions for purchase of prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as other pharmaceutical products
- Any other suty as assigned by MD, COO or CEO.
- An excellent remuneration & benefits package.
- Lots of opportunities to extend your clinical knowledge and skills, in a supportive and progressive private practice environment.
- Joining a fantastic team, with a comprehensive and collaborative approach to patient care.
- The satisfaction of truly making a difference in the lives of patients.
The Chief Operations Officer
Ultra Care Medical Centre Inc.
24 East Half, Light & Second St. Alberttown, Georgetown, Guyana
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ultracaremedicalcentre.gy
Please call (592) 227 5788 for more information.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY