Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Why choose Actavo:
A career at Actavo gives you the opportunity to join in the creation of infrastructure that brings life, energy and communication to the world. We are thousands of dedicated people working creatively to make a mark on how we live. Our diverse workforce which represents over 40 countries allows us to better serve the communities in which we operate. Our success is directly linked to the performance and capability of our people. By ensuring that each and every employee is given the opportunity to reach their full career potential we can reach our goals together. Whether you are building stages for the World’s biggest events, delivering internet to homes across the globe, or shaping super industrial structures, you will do great things at Actavo
About the role:
Actavo’s Maintenance Linesman will deliver and maintain service for our clients Fibre Optic Network by executing surveys, diagnosing faults, and replacing distribution cable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Fibre Optic construction, maintenance and testing experience.
- Mechanically inclined and detail oriented.
- Must have valid Driver’s License (Motor Lorry)
- Experienced in Bucket Truck Operation will be an asset.
- Be able to complete following tasks: New Cable Installs, Pole Transfers, Cable Hanging, Make Readies, and Figure Eighting.
- Be of outstanding good character – references required
- Must be target driven to deliver on KPI’s set by the client
- Must be able to understand company health and safety policies and adhere to same at all times.
- Must be determined and committed to high quality standards
- Exceptional customer focus with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team
- Flexibility to work shifts in line with business requirements
- Possess excellent time keeping skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance of overhead and underground Fibre Optic Cable to a standard set out by the client
- Driving License for Motor Lorry - More than 1 year experience
- Work to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) set out by both the Client and Actavo
- Positively promote the clients brand, through on-site performance
- Liaise with the O&M to ensure that on-site health and safety requirements or issues are communicated in a timely manner.
- Install and repair Fibre Optic cable in a variety of environments.
- Record and document testing per customer specifications.
- Experience and knowledge using a Fibre Optic Scope and or a Fibre OTDR an asset.
- Further industry knowledge on an ongoing basis.
Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards
Attractive Remuneration Package
Email applications to:
Contact via phone: (+592) 693-4829
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY