Human Resources Manager
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
As the Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating all administrative activities related to an organization’s personnel, implementing systems for managing staff benefits, payroll, disciplinary actions and behavior and onboarding new employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Minimum of six years of experience in Human Resources Management (Oil & Gas specialization preferred)
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prioritizing, time management, organizational skills, relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Highly motivated and solution-focused.
- Contribute to the creation of the annual review of business strategy; developed, implemented, and monitored HR strategies and initiatives to support the overall business strategy, company mission and vision.
- Forecast hiring needs based on business growth plans.
- Manage external partnerships and relationships with universities, colleges, technical institutes, and other job boards.
- Manage HR software vendors (senior point of contact and signatory for HRIS trouble shooting et al and approvals).
- Manage internal client expectations (point of contact for all employee requests, disciplinary matters, exit interviews, Labour Law advice et al).
- Contribute to PR initiatives for online and offline employer branding activities.
- Prepare annual departmental workplan (inclusive of reviewing each desk’s yearly workplan).
- Create, update, and monitor overall strategic standard operating procedures and policies (inclusive and separate to departmental SOPs as a Manual).
- Implement and monitor active work from home (remote) policy in conjunction with continued code of conduct monitoring through departmental managers.
- Create, review, and update Company’s Employee Handbook.
- Prepare and review annual recruitment budget.
- Develop, manage, and monitor recruitment procedure for effective recruiting, screening, interviewing, and hiring.
- Work closely with Recruitment Division to source talent
- Manage and coordinate effective onboarding process and orientation of new hires in conjunction with Clients’ orientation required for employees.
- Conduct quarterly seminars and or webinars (train candidates on recruitment success)
- Oversight on employee training sessions (in-house, offshore, shore base, and onshore) in alignment with client needs (inclusive of in-person consultations with seconded employees on work site).
- Create and update training matrix for in-house employees.
- Monitor employee’s assignment (badge number and distribution) in conjunction with
- Employer’s Liability and Workmen Compensation Benefits update to private insurance provider (senior point of contact with private and public insurance provider).
- Manage insurance and compensation benefits for all employees (direct and seconded employees).
- Issuance and oversight of completed semi-annual performance appraisals in alignment with departmental needs through department heads (all employees: direct and seconded).
- Train and facilitate performance improvement plans with departmental managers.
- Key personnel and point of contact in collaboration with Quality Officer instrumental in ISO 9000:2015 certification readiness, compliance, and continuous monitoring.
- Implement, measure, and monitor key performance indicators in HR (attrition rate, gender ratios, hire by location for inclusivity, cost per hire et al in alignment with ISO 9000:2015 standards).
- Monitor compensation practices ensuring compliance with current legislation (pay equity, human rights, equal employment opportunities etc.)
- Utilization of various methods and techniques making data-based decisions on fair direct, indirect, and nonfinancial compensations.
- Assess employees’ needs by conducting organizational quarterly employee engagement surveys or as needed.
- Prepare job descriptions, job analysis, job evaluations and job classifications.
- Create organizational charts with periodic reviews and updates when required.
- Create, review, and issue letters (job and recommendation, termination and benefits, disciplinary, offer letters and contract templates for direct and second employees in alignment with Labour law and client needs).
- Participate in salary and labour market surveys to determine prevailing pay rates and benefits.
- Differentiate pay systems to invest in the segments of workforce that contribute the most value.
- Review and approve all payroll activity in alignment with employees contractual rates and benefits.
- Conduct exit and stay interviews (inclusive of termination, severance and benefits reviews during said interviews).
- Manage all employment leave benefits as per Labour law and employer policy (sick, annual paid and unpaid, compassionate/bereavement, study, mental health, etc).
- Create Employer Assistance Programme (EAP) offering intermittent review in conjunction with Quality Officer.
- Facilitate and monitor grievances and complaints within departments and or with Clients.
- Create Succession Planning (SP) template.
- Create Business Continuity Plan (BCP) template.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Gate keeper for organization and employees using strong ethical approaches to drive business success.
- Coordinate employees’ retreat and engagement activities for continued team building.
- Support upper management by providing human resources counsel aiding decisions in alignment with Labour Laws and approved company policies.
Kindly submit your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note all applications must be submitted by November 25th, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY