The Logistics Advisor provides logistics subject matter expertise which include aviation, marine, shore base, ground transportation and camp services to deliver safe, reliable and cost efficient logistic services. He/she has overall responsibilities to serve as the contact for providing logistical and materials management services and support for its ongoing business, including affiliates where no local services organization or infrastructure exists and manages the day-to-day logistical business, including, but not limited to, implementing logistics strategies, supervising drilling logistics contractor staff, material control functions, inventory management, and coordinating material movements to offshore or onshore rig locations.
- BSc in Engineering, Construction Management, or other Technical degree.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in supply and logistics, preferably in international frontier operations.
- Experience working in Upstream Operations, preferably Drilling support activities and related materials, equipment and services.
- Demonstrates strong planning, scheduling, coordination and administration skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with Production, Development, Projects, Drilling and Exploration.
- SSHE management - operations and maintenance, process planning and mechanical coordination, maintenance management.
- Conduct initial in-country scouting trips to determine and assess logistical requirements.
- Supervises supply base/warehouse operations including movement of materials and equipment, personnel, supply vessels/trucks, and aircraft to maintain a consistent level of logistics and procurement support of international drilling activities.
- Primary contact with custom officials and freight forwarding companies for import/export clearance of materials and equipment.
- Maintains appropriate import/export records and required documentation for internal and regulatory requirements.
- Assists with contract tendering exercises for supply base/warehouse facilities, marine vessels, aviation (fixed and rotary wing), stevedoring, and custom-clearing agents.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter along with their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY