Job LocationACH Inc, Lot “A” Goedverwagting, Public Road, East Coast Demerara.
We are seeking an enchanting, lively, and organized nanny/teacher for a five (5) year old girl. As a nanny/teacher, you are expected to play a key role in providing care, intellectual stimulation for teaching, discipline, and entertainment for the child. You will also collaborate with the parents to plan and prepare meals, organize activities and outings. You are required to work from Monday – Friday from 8: 00am to 5:00 pm.
- University degree / college degree in child care.
- Minimum 5 years experience in teaching
- Prior experience in childcare settings (daycare center, nursery, babysitting, nanny)
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Understanding of child psychology and stages of development.
- Tend to the general and basic needs of the child while providing supervision to ensure the child’s safety in day-to-day activities.
- Teach the child.
- Engage child in age-appropriate activities—including free play, arts and crafts, games, and reading—to encourage the child’s intellectual development.
- Supervise homework and assist if needed.
- Model appropriate social behaviors to encourage child’s social and emotional development, such as developing empathy and cultivating interpersonal relationships.
- Teach child safe behavior based on environmental context; for example, seek adult assistance to cross the street.
- Monitor the child’s behavior for irregularities pertaining to her health and well-being as well as her physical, emotional, and mental development.
- In case of illness or injury, provide necessary medical attention; for example, transport the child to a doctor or hospital, take the child’s temperature, and administer medications as directed.
- Instruct the child on proper health and personal care habits, such as diet, exercise, and toilet behavior; provide assistance as needed.
- Assign chores as appropriate to teach the child responsibility, self-control, and self-confidence.
- Praise the child for targeted behaviors to encourage appropriate conduct.
- Create a safe environment for the child by removing hazards and enforcing appropriate boundaries.
- Transport the child to extracurricular activities, social outings (transportation and driver will be provided)
- Perform housekeeping tasks related to the child’s care.
- Meet with the parents regularly to reflect on and plan for the child’s activities and development.
Earnings are based on education, experience and skills.
Whatsapp: +592 685 9668
Apply in person at Samsung Building Lot "A" Goedverwagting Public Road, East Coast Demerara.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY