Job LocationBattery Road, Kingston, Georgetown, Guyana.
Video editing is a very technical process, but it’s also a creative process. Sometimes it’s easy to neglect the creative side of things and focus almost entirely on the technical. Video editors need to remember that they are the very first audience for a project.
With that in mind, do you think you're up for the job? Apply now!
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You don't need a foundation degree, to be a video editor, but it's important that you show commitment and determination.
- information technology/multimedia
- photography, film or television.
You'll need to be proficient in using specific editing software packages, such as After Effects and Premiere Pro.
You'll need to show:
- a keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- creativity and a passionate interest in video editing
- patience and concentration
- the ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team
- a high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
- organisational and time management skills
- the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- communication skills, both written and oral.
As a video editor, you'll manage material such as camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects to produce a final film or video product. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the finished result.
As a film or video editor, you'll need to:
- work to a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script
- assemble raw footage, with camera shots, either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
- input uncut rushes and sound, and synchronise and store them into files on the computer
- digitally cut files to put together the sequence of the film and decide what's usable
- create a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determine the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- reorder and fine-tune the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY