Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Our Client was formed in 1999 and has been in continuous operation since in the gold sector in Region 7 of Guyana and has developed its Project into the largest gold resource in Guyana.
Our Client was acquired in June of 2021 by the largest underground gold producer in Colombia, South America.
The company has put in place the complete financing package necessary to begin construction of a large mining operation at Toroparu and is beginning to add staff to facilitate moving quickly to construction and then operation.
As the Warehouse Manager, you will support the Administrative Manager to ensure the operation runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis. This will include overseeing the goods and equipment shipment, logistics, put away, replenishment, returns, stock control and picking. The incumbent will also be responsible for the startup of the warehouse which will include having input on the layout of the warehouse. Assure the warehouse security, as well as security of a loading dock and the adjacent areas, preventing theft.
He/She will work closely with the Administrative Manager and other Team Leaders to coach and develop the department and junior team members to ensure optimum deliverables.
• Experience in a computerised warehouse environment
• Knowledge of key inventory and warehouse software/programs.
• Ability to identify problems and trends and problem-solving and provide and implement solutions with guidance
• Confident and assertive in decision making & problem-solving
• Great people skills with the ability to train and mentor others
• Computer literate in Microsoft packages with the ability to learn new skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Effective communications skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Degree in Logistics, Business Management or Supply Change Management
• Excellent leadership skills, including the abilities to set goals, motivate and manage conflict
• Great interpersonal skills
• Strong Project Management, decision making and problem solving skills
• Supervising the receipt and release of material and goods inventories.
• Recording of the current inventory in the storage system.
• Checking orders and maintaining the prescribed documentation.
• Managing, motivating and evaluating subordinate staff. Of up to 10 employees which will include 2 stores men and a supervisor
• Scheduling work shifts, assigning tasks and coordinating activities within the warehouse.
• Proposing measures to optimize warehouse management processes.
• Audit and maintain an adequate inventory of all items for camp needs.
• Coordinate and plan warehouse logistics with procurement team to ensure timely arrival of all items
• Supervising the correct storage and manipulation of material and goods inventory.
• Checking compliance with safety, fire, and sanitary regulations, ensuring the provision of protective equipment.
• Preparing regular reports for the company management.
• Performing ordinary, ongoing, and extraordinary inventory taking of stocks.
• Cooperating with other departments within the company.
• Sort the items placing them in the appropriate and safe locations, considering temperature, size, weight, available space, and light exposure.
• Prepare the shipments and help with loading the outgoing items on trucks, boats and planes.
• Prepare the work schedule for warehouse workers.
• Maintain and follow the safety protocols for workers and equipment.
• Recruit, train and terminate personnel as needed.
• Communicate with partners to determine the incoming and outgoing times of the new items, while efficiently managing space and inventory.
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Warehouse Manager" in the subject line.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY