Reporting to the Managing Director, the Procurement Officer will work closely with the Project team and other departmental heads in determining projects and organizational needs; and develop cost-effective strategies to secure materials and services in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Management/Administration;
- At least three years in a similar position;
- Knowledge of heavy-duty/agricultural machinery parts and spares.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoices, and negotiation terms;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications;
- Excellent time management and coordination skills;
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally;
- License to drive car, van and lorry.
- devise effective, efficient, and cost-effective procurement strategies;
- identify potential suppliers based on projects and organizational needs;
- source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors;
- review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility for capital projects;
- build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers;
- process purchase orders and organize and confirm delivery of goods and services;
- perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements;
- work with the Project Manager to develop and monitor the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs;
- act as a point of contact between the organization/project, managers, and suppliers;
- monitor and update the Project Manager on price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing and potential delays in goods or services that may impact projects;
- manage an efficient flow of suppliers to ensure consistency in the supply of materials and services;
- participate in project meetings to gain an understanding of procurement requirements and advise the Project Manager on procurement matters;
- keep track of market trends, products/services availability, price changes, and trade developments;
- prepare procurement reports;
- perform any other lawfully assigned duties associated with this position.
Interested applicants may email their cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to: email@example.com or may address their application and submit it to:
The Human Resources Manager
International Import & Supplies
Lot 15 Garnett Street,
(Application for Procurement Officer)
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY