Under the supervision of the General Director, the General Manager will be responsible to effectively and efficiently oversee all aspects of the Company's operations, with respect to finance and accounting, human resources, procurement, projects, operations and general administration.
- A undergraduate Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Management/Administration.
- 10 years of progressive work experience in a similar role, preferebly in the importation and mining industry.
- Indepth experience with, and understanding of, accounting principles including budgeting, balance sheet, income statements, cash flow and capital planning management.
- Proficieny in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated abilities in negotiation.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Appreciation for different cultural values.
In detail, the individual will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Design, create and implement strategies with a view to achieving planned goals and objectives.
- Provide direct management and strong leadership to the management team.
- Foster a healthy, safe, cooperative and productive environment.
- Consistently seek ways for capacity building and business development.
- Assess, strategize and develop timely solutions for matters that may arise from time-to-time.
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders and clients.
- Meet with and actively engage the bord of directors on the developments of the Company.
- Lead, coach, mentor and motivate those under your leadership.
- Keep abreast of market trends and the general external environment for progressive thinking to be heard.
- Lead a culture of accountability throughout the Company, including setting operational goals that are tied to longer-term objectives and ensure the achievement of same.
- Ensure all company operations are executed in compliance with the laws, sector related regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate accountability by example and leadership in upholding the integrity, principles and values to all employees and stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining the brand reputation of the company.
- Consistently seek avenues for business development and growth.
A highly competitive package awaits the successful candidate.
Interested applicants may email their cover letter and detailed curriculum vitate to: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit their applications addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
International Import & Supplies
Lot 15 Garnett Street,
(Application for General Manager)
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY