Job Location56 Brickdam and Austin Place, King Solomon Building
Working under the supervision of pharmacy technicians and pharmacists, pharmacy assistants typically take care of the administrative side of the pharmacy such as counting medication, labeling bottles, stocking pharmacy shelves, taking customer phone calls, and managing the cash register
Must have at least 5 subjects cxc including Biology ,Chemistry and Physics, at least 3-6 months experience would be an asset and must be willing to learn.
- Give general assistance with daily pharmacy activities.
- Take prescriptions from clients in person and over the phone.
- Measure and mix drugs according to prescriptions.
- Package, label and dispense medications.
- Check inventory and restock drugs and other items.
- Check for expired medications and discard it properly.
- Help customers find what they need or send them to the pharmacist for more help.
- Use a cash register.
- Write letters and memos, prepare receipts and invoices, and file orders.
Will be discussed in interview
Telephone numbers: 600-8457/643-1429/654-3463
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY