We are recruiting for an Office manager. The candidate is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis and will manage a team of administrative or support staffJob Description :
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, including weekends as needed
• Customer service • Meeting goals • Self-confidence • Product knowledge • Presentation skills • Client relationships • Verbal and written Communication skills • Time-management skills • Team working
- BA/BS University degree with concentration in business administration and/or shipping and logistics, and/or marketing
- 3-5 years’ experience in the shipping industry
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proficient in shipping systems and software, such as Nav Aids, Acyuda, etc
- Knowledge of logistics operations and shipping procedures and documents
- Hands on experience in budgeting and reporting, both financial and non-financial
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by office, which include planning the expenditures, analyzing variances against budgeted targets, and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise, while communicating the same including variances to regional management
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures and effectiveness
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Evaluate and manage staff performance, and ensure staff are fully trained for effective and efficient performance of all duties.
- Recruit and select office staff as needed
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data are maintained by all
- Analyze and monitor internal processes are maintained by all staff
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Manage internal staff relations. This may include coaching, mentoring, and disciplining office staff
- Maintain a safe, secure, and pleasant work environment
- Monitoring competitor’s activities and developing strategies to combat same.
- Developing and implementing plans to ensure the company’s goals are achieved which may entail various strategies being utilized
- Managing effective teamwork while ensuring Principals’ KPIs are met without breach of confidentiality.
- Providing regional management with key updates and any development within the industry that has the potential to affect the company’s operations, opportunities and risks.
- To apply synergies where possible for the development of the company and the staff.
- To manage staff and day to day matters or issues, relating to administration or otherwise
- Keeping abreast of changes in regulations and legislations, and alert regional office to the same
- To give support to regional management in the preparation of the monthly Management Reports
- To prepare the annual budgets together with regional management, as required, and ensuring plans are executed to achieve the targets.
- To supervise the coordination of all vessels’ arrival, departure activities and cargo operations at all ports where the company operates, and ensure the timely preparation and submission of all relevant logs, and documentation required by relevant parties.
- To supervise the company’s operations and logistics reporting which involves field work
- Ensure all queries and claims are addressed to all relevant parties in a timely and precise factual manner
- Supervises and ensures all systems, internal and external are updated with required information
- Provide excellent unparalleled customer service and maintain a professional working relationship with all company’s stakeholders, internal and external
- Ensure company records are organized, updated, current and readily available for examination. This will include coordinating with other staff members to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of filing systems
- To always adhere to and promote the company’s policies, guidelines, and procedures, meeting all KPI and reporting standards.
- To ensure all staff adhere to the company’s policies, guidelines, and procedures, and meet all KPI and reporting standards.
- Perform any other duties, including administrative duties as assigned by your regional managers
- Daily monitoring of all communications, and coordinates with all departments, terminals, planners and principals, and other key parties, as well as ensuring that timely responses/reports/updates are given within deadline requirements
- Ensures compliance of all local report requirements within deadlines for all Statutory Authorities are upheld and maintained by all staff, including but not limited to Customs and Excise, Immigration, Maritime services, Health Authorities, Terminal etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and communicating the same to all team members.
- Identify weaknesses and recommends changes in products, service, procedures, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and changes to individual customer needs and reporting the same to regional management.
- Resolves any raised complaints, including those received by principals and vendors, by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to staff to action and regional management on progress accordingly
- Report any areas of potential risk which may attract penalties or pose as a loss to staff and regional management accordingly, as soon as possible, in order to manage an effective response to the same
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY