Ground Transportation Supervisors
Job LocationPrashad Nagar, Georgetown
Kindly view roles and responsibilites. Further will be discussed upon interview.
Education & Experience
- The GTS should possess a minimum secondary school certification. They should possess knowledge of driving, licensing requirements, dispatching, and vehicle/equipment management.
- The GTS should be proficient in incident investigation and analysis, general safety and workplace safety awareness and risk assessment.
Skills & Competencies
- The GTS must possess good communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Be forward thinking and self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision and able to instill sound performance and behaviors in Supplier’s personnel.
- Capable of working in culturally diverse teams and liaising with both National and Expatriate personnel.
- Efficient in the use of windows-based computers, web based software and other computing applications such as MS Office processional software, database entry and information management.
- Must have experience in vehicle maintenance/repairs and evaluating road worthiness of vehicles.
- Practice and enforce good housekeeping skills, sound administration and be proactive in identifying and resolving issues.
- Capable of training personnel on Job Safety Analysis process
Roles & Responsibilities
- The GTS will be responsible for all aspects of Fleet Management safety including but not
- limited to the following:
- Working closely with Company representatives to ensure compliance with expectations, and adopt best practices with regards workplace safety and safe practices. These safe practices include requirements that continue to be updated with regards to COVID-19 or any other area identified to improve overall safe performance of the job.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures relevant to the job are understood and complied.
- Conducting weekly safety meetings with and daily/per shift meetings with all personnel.
- Ensure that any/all improvement action items as a result of Job Safety Analysis (JSA), HSE and regular safety meetings are followed up and actioned in a timely manner until closure. Ensuring that such follow up actions are properly documented and provided to the Operations Manager.
- Ensuring the correct use of Job-Safety Analysis processes.
- Perform periodic safety and compliance audits of the vehicles, equipment and workplace.
- Perform and document regular inspection of all safety equipment including vehicle
- safety equipment, use of PPE by employees, personnel safety while operating motor vehicles.
- Conduct any accident and/or incident investigations involving the Services (personnel
- and equipment including vehicles).
- Develop and maintain systematic SHE Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all aspects of the Services provided by Supplier and compile monthly KPI reports and provide such to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that equipment is serviceable and compliant, including vehicles, radios, GPS trackers and supporting facilities.
- Accurately track and compile reports on Occupational Health and man-hours for reporting to Company SHE/OIMS department.
- Responsible for effective implementation of Suppliers Fatigue Management program and active performance of Company Passenger Safety and Vehicle Safety Management Systems by all personnel.
- Conduct (or coordinate) periodic defensive driving training, including initial and refresher training for all personnel.
- The GTS will be responsible for ensuring that all Drivers are properly clothed and dressed when OM.
- The GTS will ensure a system is in place to monitor and schedule vehicle refuels, servicing and maintenance.
- The GTS will ensure a system is in place to maintain and renew registrations in a timely manner.
- The GTS put system in place to maintain KPI.
Applicants can submit their applications to our office at 35 Delhi Street, Prashad Nagar, Georgetown, Guyana.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY