Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The position shall cover the following areas:
The Merchandiser is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards, generating sales, merchandising store base on seasons.
- A diploma in Marketing with at least two years’ experience.
- A combination of related training and considerable experience in store merchandising may be considered an equivalent.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Communicate with purchasing department about comparative shopping analyses, fast and slow selling classifications and styles, planning and adjusting stock levels, and customer requests.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with market trends i.e. Latest Models, styles, brands, and prices when purchasing new merchandise or recommending new merchandise to the buying team
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining an adequate inventory level of merchandise to support daily sales, when inventory runs low make necessary arrangements to re-order.
- Evaluate merchandise, and make recommendation to Manager for sale items and further price reductions.
- Ensure once price is changed that all merchandise barcodes & prices carry new price.
- Ensure that all colours, styles and brands of a particular item are merchandised and are available upon request by a customer.
- Assist in ensuring all damages are reported to the respected persons and written off following by correct company procedures.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Stock racks and shelves and ensure that items are resized and colours are out.
- Prepare displays and take inventory.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Ensure sale items are tagged and have correct barcode and price.
- Ensure all Merchandise is presentable and ready for sale.
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicant can send application(s) to:
The Human Resources Manager
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY