Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Workshop Technician will provide support to the workshop and the operations team by the maintenance, service, repair and preparation of sales and rental equipment. The position will be responsible to promote a clean and safe working environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to investigate non conformances and investigate corrective actions and verify suitability.
- Ability to work effectively on own
- Work as part of a team in a busy environment
- Available on a 24 hour/on-call basis to respond to both shop and customer needs
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights and weekends as required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Good mechanical understanding with ability to read and understand tech units and drawings
- Knowledge of general business computer software; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and aptitude to learn new software applications
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School Degree required, Associates Degree or Technical/Vocation qualification preferred or qualified work experience
- Mechanical and technical background
- Workshop environment
- Repair oilfield equipment - 3 to 5 years preferred
- Inventory tracking experience is preferred
- Experience with ISO 9000 Standards is preferred
- Act according to the company’s Core Values and Code of Conduct.
- Perform work according to internal QHSSE procedures and guidelines.
- Assemble / Disassemble all equipment per appropriate MM and QCP
- Perform pressure and function testing of all equipment per appropriate MM.
- Report any issues to your supervisor in regard to the servicing, cleaning, and maintenance of company equipment
- Maintain work area cleanliness and organization
- Participate in “on call” duties as necessary
- Knowledge of operation of Torque/turn machine and pressure testing equipment
- Knowledge of safe preparation and accurate loading of equipment to meet customer job orders
- Knowledge of stock needed to perform job function. Submit order requests as needed
- Review work order to assess type and quantity of equipment to be pulled and shipped
- Recommend improvements on working procedures and environment issues
- Actively support and document lessons learned
- Process paperwork in timely manner
- Participate in inventory counts
- Knowledge of proper storing and retrieval of equipment
- Liaison with 3rd party inspectors & customers
- Performs other related duties as required
- Make sure all training needs and requirements are completed according to timelines.
Kindly submit your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY