Retail Sales Associate
The Retail Sales Associate responsible for selling electronic products directly to customers. They are also responsible for closing sales and positively impacting the customer's satisfaction with the engagement and the offerings. The Retail Sales Associate works under the guidance of a Retail Supervisor. The Retail Sales Associate is expected to establish proficiency in the products or services of the assigned discipline, and to learn how these are included in total solutions.
- Business Acumen - Develops and maintains technical sales knowledge of the products and selling skills. A Retail Sales Representative is responsible for developing an understanding of sales processes, techniques and tools in the discipline for the store.
- Communication/Negotiation - Develops the ability to plan and execute an effective sales pitch. He or she acquires new information on selling techniques or discipline offering capabilities quickly, to enhance sales and professional effectiveness. For selected offerings within the discipline, differentiates them from competitive alternatives. Negotiate with customers to close sales. The position assists in communicating new developments or announcements to customers visiting the store.
- Relationship Building - The Retail Sales Representative must establish relationships with customers to promote “repeat buying”.
- Problem Solving - Recognize job-related problems with customer negotiations. Uses existing techniques or tools to analyze causes, and prepares and recommends alternatives.
- 5 O’Level passes including Math and English
- Associate Degree in the area of Computer Science, Business Management or Marketing would be an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 1-3 years of Sales experience in the IT industry.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients in retail sales store
- Meet sales and margin targets by selling of the company’s products and services
- Acquire relevant knowledge of the products/solutions that you are responsible for selling
- Keep abreast of technological changes and new technologies as it pertains to your responsibilities
- Engage and meet clients in a professional manner with a polished appearance
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- Attend and participate in meetings
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- Complete special projects as required
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned
- Generate sales by providing outstanding customer service
- Greeting the customer, attending to his needs and building a loyal customer base
- Open and close cash registers and may be held responsible for the contents of their register and responsibility for accuracy of cash register details.
- Guiding customers who know what they want to the correct section or making suggestions to customers who are not completely sure of what they want.
- Offering suggestions on features, model etc. depending on the customers’ requirements.
- Providing information on product care, warranties etc.
- Preparing bills or invoices, receiving cash and card payments and bagging goods
- Following Store procedures for opening and closing the store
- Dust and wipe products to ensure that they are always clean
- Pack out stock on shelves, hooks and display areas
- Provide technical support to customers as needed
- Escalate customer satisfaction issues to store manager/directors
- Clean all display products no less than twice a day and more frequently as required
- Ensure all items are secured using display security devices
- Greet customer on entering store and exiting store
- Remove garbage including product packaging throughout the day
- Inform management of any customer satisfaction issues
- Inform management on stock movement of items on floor
- Set up of products purchased by customers as required
- Installation of cases, screen protectors and other accessories as required
- Ensure that store music is always on and the playlist is according to the Store guidelines
- Ensure that the store environment encourages customer interaction by the use of no personal electronic devices except for store purposes
- Ensure that that the store is always visually welcoming to customer
- Attend store meetings on a regular basis before opening or after closing
- Doing daily stock check.
- Ensure all displays are in working order and clean.
- Ensure that store is clean.
- Make sure displays are clean.
- Cash up tills and send end of day reports.
- Settle all credit card payments and send to HO machines (if applicable work with Head Office).
- Generate a detailed batch listing (if applicable work with Head Office).
- Settle the machine (transmit the batch – if applicable work with Head Office).
Applications can be sent to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY