Job LocationKingston, Barrack Street - Georgetown
We are seeking an experienced purchasing manager to handle our company's procurement activities. The purchasing manager's responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities. To be successful as a purchasing manager you should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes. An outstanding purchasing manager should have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers.
- Diploma in business administration or a related field.
- Driving License is a must, Local knowledge of various hardware store in Georgetown
- Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Key Purchaser Manager Skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Detail Spotting
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Goal of Purchase officer:
Purchasing officers are responsible for obtaining and managing sources of supply for the products and services SURIBET and operations requires to operate. To identify suppliers that offer the best service, purchasing officers set and monitor goals for quality, cost, value and reliability. They also set goals to improve the efficiency and cost of purchasing within their own organization.
- A purchasing job starts with research. Purchasers must be familiar with what’s out there, what it cost, and how it can benefit the company.
- Purchasers look for the best combination of quality, price, payment terms and delivery speed. They then negotiate contracts and policies with suppliers. They also monitor deliveries to ensure compliance with contracts. If good are defective or unacceptable, they contact vendors to work out concessions and solutions
- Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Please call +5926324214, Email at: email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY