Biomedical Field Engineer
The incumbent is primarily responsible for providing expert technical leadership and consultation on installation projects and for supporting business development in assigned regions. The incumbent also supports the functionality of key medical equipment installed at customers’ facilities, particularly with respect to diagnostics, preventative maintenances, repairs, calibrations, upgrades, field modifications and network troubleshooting.
- BSc in an Engineering discipline.
- Certified and experienced in performing service on various modalities of the GE brand of equipment and other brands of medical equipment represented.
- Availability and willingness to travel throughout Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago if required.
- Must hold valid travel documents at all times and be available to travel abroad and/or relocate to other Caribbean territories for an extended period of time as required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ technical experience with biomedical equipment.
- Two (2) – three (3) years’ experience in Sales/Marketing will be considered an asset.
Maintenance of Existing Equipment
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and other established policies or procedures, including planned maintenances, equipment evaluations, repairs, diagnostics, calibrations, field modifications, upgrades and testing of key medical equipment.
- Manages service deliverables for projects and guides key stakeholders on site requirements for key medical equipment supported by the Company.
- Completes timely and accurate planned maintenances on all key medical equipment under service contract or warranty according to the relevant manufacturer’s guidance and best practices.
- Trains, develops and provides mentorship to Biomedical Engineers and Trainees in the performance of their duties in order to improve their overall technical competencies.
- Completes quality audits and inspections of key medical equipment as required.
- Responds to customers’ technical problems within 24 hours. For emergency cases – the incumbent may need to work outside of usual work hours and/or weekends and public holidays.
- Completes corrective maintenances, planned maintenances and other service tasks for medical equipment at customer sites.
- Manages Technical Escalations or any urgent protocols for all relevant modalities in a timely and efficient manner, based on manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Coordinates repairs with Foreign Service Engineers (when necessary) until problem is resolved and keeps management and the customer abreast. This would entail, but is not limited to, preparing escalation reports, sending e-mails and making calls on service issues which cannot be resolved by in-house personnel only.
Role as it relates to Business Development during non-service (technical service and training) hours:
- Actively visits customers in assigned territories to promote the Company’s brands.
- Directs any sales leads to the relevant Company personnel, including but not limited to the Commercial Product Manager for the particular brand.
- Assists with presentations and proposals as required.
Apply here: https://myjobsgt.com/display-job/44245/BIOMEDICAL-FIELD-ENGINEER-(1-Year-Contract).html
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY